Saturday, May 21, 2011

Greek Squad

Well, after the girls woke up from their nap and it was determined that none of us disappeared in the rapture, we decided to go over to the Greek Festival and see Gina in action. Fortunately this is one of the two that's local enough that we can go for only a few hours. I'm not going to go in to details, but I'm going to say that we danced, we ate and we partied like mad Greeks. We tested the limits of soap upon our return and I've never heard so little argumentation on the subject of bed time. At one point in the evening we were sitting at a table with the girls, Gina, my sister-in-law, Gina's Yiayia and several others. There were so many hands flying back and forth, shoving souvlikia and pita in to other peoples' mouths. At one point I had a hand come in and shove meat in to my mouth from the right, then a hand from the left and shove in another piece . It was like being hand fed by Kali (six armed Indian goddess. ... c'mon folks, broaden your horizon). All this while Arianna sat in my lap with a kabob in each hand, tearing meat off the stick like a ravenous carnivore and Genevieve danced to the music (which her great-Uncle's band was providing). But hey! Such is a Greek Fest. Opah!

No comments:

Post a Comment