Saturday, May 7, 2011

Cystic Fibrosis Walk



First of all I just want to thank all of you readers; some of the comments you've left me and the consistent flow of traffic to this blog are really touching. I am so happy to be a part of your lives and I'm so happy to share our life with you. That being said I wanted to take a moment to ask you for something more. Every May my company takes part in the Great Strides Walk for Cystic Fibrosis (you may have noticed the button on the right), and I've made it a point to participate with the girls. This not only helps us contribute to the cause, but it gives my girls the opportunity to grow up with the mindset that it's our responsibility to help those around us when and how ever we can. We don't have any personal tie to this disease (the girls are not affected nor are any of our family and friends) but it's one of those few diseases that really targets children more than anything; partly because until a few years ago those afflicted rarely survived to adulthood. With all the advancements made, thanks in large parts to campaigns such as this, those with CF are seeing a much longer life span and a much fuller life at that. I'm all about my kids, and my one goal in life is to see them grow to be amazing adults; that's why I am asking for your help. Support our campaign to see other peoples children also have the opportunity to grow into amazing adults. Until a few years ago, they never even had that option. Click here, or on the logo above, to go to our fundraising site for the May 21st walk. For my blog on last years walk, and some more insight on to why I feel this is important, go here. The way I see it, if half of my daily readers just dropped $5 towards our campaign we'd nearly doubly the goal that I have set. Thanks guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment