Wednesday, March 16, 2011

29 and holding. ... hands

Well I had a great birthday yesterday - thank you for the well wishes in my comments, they were much appreciated. I had a great birthday lunch; the girls showed up at the office and took me to the park for a little picnic. It's just crazy to think what big girls they've become. After our sandwiches 1e kicked around a couple of big bouncy balls, picked nearly all the dandelions in the field and checked out the old trains nearby. They even showed off their hand holding skills for me (although it should be noted that Arianna has to always be on the end - she doesn't mind holding one hand, but holding two hands is not going to happen). I even got a taste of it for myself before my birthday dinner. Gina picked up another class - she's seriously becoming the hardest working yoga instructor I've ever heard of - that's at 5:30. But this one is an express yoga class so it's only a half hour long. We were meeting my family for dinner at 6:30 so it didn't make sense to have her teach, come back for us and go back in the direction she just came from (and I didn't want to hassle with two cars) so we dropped her off and then just wandered around terrorizing the nearby stores. Of course, after parking, we had to hold hands across the lot. I've never seen so many people happy about being held up waiting for someone to cross the road. I kept looking up to see beaming smiles in the drivers seats of cars in line, waiting for our little train to slowly make it's way to the curb. But seriously, can you imagine anything cuter?! We then went to dinner at Joe's Crab Shack where I convinced my 3 year old nephew I was eating a sea monster (barbecued crab legs) and the girls chowed down so they could run around the empty restaurant with their cousins as the wait staff dressed me in a grass skirt and made me hula to "happy birthday". I'd have posted pictures of that but I know some of you are still trying to burn the David statue out of your mind so I'll give you a break on that one. The girls were troopers as always. We finally got home at about 8:30 and we zoomed through jammies and teeth brushing and right into bed, where they passed out with little fuss. Genevieve had another 4:30 wake up this morning, though, which she tends to do after a crazy night like last, but she went back to sleep about 40 minutes later this time (which was better than the last episode). Overall it was a fantastic day I can't wait to see what life looks like at 30!

No comments:

Post a Comment