Tuesday, October 4, 2011

No Love

Most of the times our girls are very lovey - especially Genevieve, who can be quite the snuggle monster.  Last night, after baths, we went down stairs and I sat them in front of Yo Gabba Gabba so I could comb their hair and clean their ears (I'm a dad. ... sometimes I need to use TV to get things done - so sue me).  Like most parents, by the end of the day our furniture is covered in toys and stuffed animals. ... and sometimes unidentifiable subject matter. ... but mostly stuffed animals.  A lot of the girls animals were adopted from their aunts, who still had them stashed around the house.  This is especially true with old Care Bears, of which we have a small army.  Well, last night, as I sat on the couch to clean Genevieve's earrings, I sat down on one of the talking Care Bears who proceeded to ask "Can I have one of your world famous hugs?" or something along those lines.  With out skipping a beat, Genevieve, who must have been getting cranky, turned and yelled "No bear!" and went back to watching her program.  I just about died laughing.  She seemed so confident that her message had gotten across to the animatronic stuffed bear and that it wouldn't be bothering her any more during her program.  I love kids. ... they are so entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment