Monday, October 17, 2011

If no one is crying, then you aren't having any fun

I'm going to make it a point to start reading fine print.  You'd think with my background that would be something I did naturally. ... but no.  Once a week I get an e-mail from this website I love called Wonder Dads.  It's a resource catered to dads that gives you insight in to all the things going on in your area so you can make the most of the time you have to spend with your kids.  Anyway, a couple weeks ago I saw the suggestion for Camp Spooky (Snoopy the other 11 months of the year) at Knotts Berry Farm - one of our local amusement parks.  It said entrance was 17 bucks so I thought if Gina and I took them for under $40 total it was a steal.  Turns out I was right.  $17 was the kids price. ...adult was $51.  Of course we already pay $14 to park and made the trek from the parking lot to the gate so. ... they already got me on the line.  Fortunately I used my AAA and we at least got 30% off.  Best $80 bucks I ever spent!  Those girls had a killer time.  They met Snoopy (Arianna was very skeptical and Genevieve just kept petting his nose like it would help her figure out what the hell this thing was).  They rode on airplanes and choo-choo's, went on a bus that swung us around in the air and a boat that spun us around like mad.  They also had trick or treating through the kids area of the park so all the other kids (us included) were decked out in costumes, and that made it even more exciting.  Of course, with any big adventures there's always water works.  Too much fun manifests itself in tears and by the time we left everybody had cried at least twice at some point in the day.  My turn was when this woman at a bug display tried to place a live scorpion on my shorts against my express desires NOT to have that happen.  I was actually on the brink of screaming "'no' means 'no' lady!" before pushing my way through the surrounding crowd.  But we all survived and added one more great day to our list of unforgettable memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment