Friday, April 1, 2011

The Bean Counter

My kids are pretty good about eating. Since they made their way to solids there's relatively few foods that the refuse - which is good because we're pretty healthy so there are a lot of vegetables that kids stereotypically refuse. In fact, just to give you an idea of how Gina has modified our menus: instead of spaghetti and meatballs we eat spaghetti and broccoli. Macaroni and cheese has peas added in (I call it Macaroni and Peas). Basically anywhere there's an opening we shove a vegetable in. So last night I made the girls dinner; chicken, some noodles - and I thought I'd add in some green beans. For whatever reason the green beans weren't a hit. Arianna ate up pretty well, wolfing down hand over hand. So I thought it strange that her plate wasn't getting any emptier. I went to walk away and, as I did, I glanced over my shoulder to see Genevieve, arm stretched to capacity, dropping off some of her green beans on Arianna's plate. Caught in the act her eyes widen and she contemplated a second before pointing at her sister and simply saying "she". As in "these are hers, I was just returning them". Sure you were. Cleaver little girl. Karma's confined to her bed for then next several weeks so she's found a new outlet to eat the dinner that she doesn't want. Her sister. On a side note HAPPY APRIL FOOLS DAY. This is my moms favorite day, so in honor of her I made my office a batch of blue berry muffins. Gina made me promise that I would take credit for the baking as she doesn't want anyone to think she had a hand in it. The secret ingredient? 1/3 cup of salt, 1/4 cup of pepper and just a dash or two (ok nine) of garlic powder. What's cracking me up is everyone is so polite. They sit there, choking down the bites like they don't want to offend me. It's awesome. Once I tell them the b-line for the water cooler. ... ahhhh, I love this day. I'll try and post some video for you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment