Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Two Sizes Two Small

So I've officially come to the determination that 800 square feet of living space is not nearly enough for 4 people, 2 cats and a dog. I know. When you say it out loud like that it's pretty obvious. That's roughly 115 square feet of space per person or slightly more than the 10ft by 10ft confines of some prison cells. But when you're living with in it denial can be a strong force. It's gotten to the point now where, on top of daily vacuuming, sweeping and moping to maintain the animal hair tumbleweeds, if anyone turns around too quickly they are bound to topple over someone else. Yesterday it was Karma who turned around and plowed over Arianna. Earlier it was Arianna who plowed over Genevieve. I've nearly broken my neck dozens of times avoiding plowing over just about everyone in the house (even my own self at times). Yesterday I just hit my limit with it. I got through getting the girls down to bed but afterwards I was in such a foul mood that Gina decided I'm "man PMSing". I prefer to call it manstruating, but I suppose it doesn't matter the title, I was not fun to be around. And it's not like there is anything we can do about it anyway, but that makes it worse, right?! So i figured that's what a blog is for. To vent about the things you can't actually do anything about! Well, that's not entirely true. I did what any smart women in such a situation would do. I made a 9:30 run to Paul's Place and got Feta Fries, a grilled cheese sandwich and two chocolate shakes (one was for Gina, relax). Surprisingly, that helped. Now I just have to go work those extra calories off today. Sometimes I feel like all the estrogen in my home is having an effect on me. Don't forget, even the dog and the two cats are female. Nahhhhhh. That's crazy. Well, back to my double skinny soy latte and the current issue of US.

No comments:

Post a Comment