Saturday, August 14, 2010

Mama's Birthday

So today is Mama's birthday. Exactly one year ago she was a gigantic, uncomfortable life support system for two people we had yet to meet. We wanted to make sure she knows exactly how much we love her and how much we appreciate every little thing she does, so yesterday I took the day off of work and surprised her with a wine tasting trip in Temecula. I didn't tell her what we were doing so I got up at 5am like normal and "went to work". I really went to the gym and then the grocery store so I could get our picnic lunch together. Then I stopped by Starbucks and headed home. I expected everyone to be up by that time so I thought I would walk through the door to "hooray's" and "oh my goodness". Instead everyone was still asleep. So as I walked through the door I woke Gina who had a mini freak out "who's there! What are you doing!". Had a little flashback to the "mommy call 911" boy in Palm Springs. Other than that the day was great. But there is one thing I still wanted to do. She reads the blog from time to time, and the other week she made a comment "I hope that people who read this, and the when the girls read it later, they know mommy loves them too. ... she just doesn't blog." So if there's any doubt, I just want to make it very, very clear: Mommy loves, loves, loves, looooovveeess her girls. In fact, she loves them so much that she spends all her free time taking care of their every needs, while daddy sits down and writes at a computer screen. So girls, if there's any doubt, I want to make it clear on Momma's birthday that she loves you more than she can ever say with words - written OR spoken. That's what a great momma you have!

No comments:

Post a Comment