Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Doctor Appointment Update

I know, I know - "two blogs in one day! Kyle you're smothering us!" My apologies, but we had a doctors appointment today and I thought it kind of related to my post from earlier. Official doctor stats are Genevieve weighing in at a whopping 24.5 lbs (for those of you playing the home edition, that's about a 360% weight increase in a little over 9 1/2 months). Arianna is right behind at 22.5 lbs (a petite 315% increase) and both are extremely healthy. Now the question, are these kids really as big as Kyle's been saying. For their age Arianna is nearly a midget sitting in the 95% bracket. That means out of 100 kids, she's one of the 5 biggest. How about little Ms. Geneveive, the small one at birth? Try the 100% bracket. That's right! That means out of 100 kids, she's the biggest. So unless the other kids on the playground can recruit all 3 of the other top 5 for their team, my girls stand a heck of a chance in a throw down. Gina even quoted the doctor as saying Genevieve looks like she could take on the Green Bay Packers Offensive line. ... that's a big kid. As far as developmental marks, the doctor said they should be close to crawling (we've been speed crawling for weeks now) and they should be able to support their weight standing up when holding on to someone else's fingers. Um. ... the girls have been doing that for about 3 months now. And lately they've taken to running while holding on to fingers. All said, the girls aren't just right on track, their in the pole position waiting for everyone else to catch up. It's amazing how quickly parental pride kicks in. My kids haven't really done anything except grow according to their natural genetic make up, and here I am taunting other parents "my kids better then your kid, na-na, boo-boo, stick your head in poo-poo." I should be ashamed. I tell you what, it's only a matter of time before I'm rocking the "my toddler can beat up your honor student. ... and she's a girl!" bumper sticker. But seriously. ... she can.

No comments:

Post a Comment