Sunday, May 23, 2010

Day 2 of solo parenting

Well we survived day two of "single" parenthood. Went over to grandmas for lunch, did some swimming, came home for naps and then went to see Momma at the Greek festival for a couple of hours. That was actually the roughest part of the day. See, we had planned to come for dinner so we got there at 5, we fed the girls their stuff and Gina and I weren't hungry yet so we walked around for a bit. Well, in my mind I had planned on leaving around 6:30 because I do not want to push them when it was only me putting them down. If there's two of us, it's not a big deal to stay someplace past bed time because when we get home we can tag team them and if they fell asleep on the way home we can get them in to bed and back to sleep pretty quickly. If it's just me, it's going to take a lot longer and if they are up too long then they just consider the car sleep to be a nap and they're up for at least another hour or so. Gina of course had planned to eat with me and, to be honest, she's never had to deal with the separation from them for very long. Every day I have to get up by myself, sneak out the door while everyone is asleep and rarely do I get to do much more than quickly glance on them and that has to sustain me for the next 10 hours or so. Gina hasn't had to do deal with that yet, so it was pretty rough on her to say the least. But despite Momma's disappointment it worked out. We got home and no one fell asleep (including Daddy, which is a good thing) and we made it into bed perfectly. So far, Daddy is surviving the weekend. We'll see how Sunday goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment