Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Pinks Are On Me!

Well it's official.   At least as "official" as it can be with out physically holding the baby and staring at it's genitals myself.  We're having another girl!  Now don't misread me.  It can easily be said another, with a downturn in tone and an exasperated huff.  That's not at all how I am saying it.  I'm very excited to have another lady in my life.  I do well with girls, and I'm so in love with the two I have now how could I not want another just like them?!  Not to mention I consider their Mama something spectacular.  Three more of her are bound to make the world a better place.  This has left us in a name bind though.  We absolutely love our daughters names and now trying to come up with a third is proving difficult.  Part of the problem is we feel like the girls names fit them so perfectly - but we've also been calling them those names for almost two years now so it's hard to remember if we felt that from the beginning or just over time.  But those are minor details.  What is important is that baby and mommy are looking very healthy (although baby is already measuring really large - we always seem to get these petite Asian women doing the ultrasound and they always seem floored by the size of our babies - which was to be expected for us) and that our family is going to grow with another wonderful addition.  Also important is that we have plenty of cloths for this kid already and should be able to avoid most non-diaper expenses until she weens at about 1.  The key is, if you're going to have an unplanned child (not an oops, remember ;) then make it as cheap as possible!  Truth was, if this had turned out to be a little boy, he'd still get stuck with a closet of pink cloths until he was about 7 or 8.  I figured at that point I'd just teach him how to box.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!!! Yay for team pink! Good luck with the names, it gets tougher as you add more kids...

    ReplyDelete