Wednesday, March 31, 2010

To Jinx or Not To Jinx. ...

That is the questions. Whether tis nobler in the mind to suffer the screams and anguish of outrageous misfortune, or to take joy in the z's of no troubles, and with no opposing, continue them. To die, to sleep no more, and by a sleep to say we end the heartache and the thousand natural shocks that flesh is heir to - tis consummation devoutly to be wished. To die, to sleep. To sleep, per chance, to dream. ... OK, little carried away with my Shakespeare, but a few choice word changes and this is what Shakespeare would have written had he stayed in Stratford and helped his wife raise their three children. Let me explain: We've now had a series of very successful evenings. Girls wend down, stayed down, and awoke happy. So my dilemma is do I mention the success and risk jinxing this blessing, or do I quietly enjoy it and keep my mouth shut? First of all, when have I ever kept my mouth shut? And second, when have I ever kept my mouth shut? So tomorrow I may post again, bitterly cursing the choice I made to shout from the highest peak or 3 day streak. Maybe I'll go with Richard V "once more into the breach dear friends, once more, or wall the hole up with our English dead". But today. ... today I'm enjoying my night of rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment