Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Pockets

For all the attention given to mom's purse, I think the pockets of dads go slightly under appreciated.  After all, you can just as easily identify a man with kids by his pocket as you can a woman with kids by her hand bag.  Yesterday, I got home and realized I'd carried about 13 Dora stickers in my back packet all day.  I changed in to shorts and took the girls on a walk, during which no less then 43 "spiky balls from the tree" were put in my pockets for storage.  I had 4 mutilated dandelions and one rock also entered for safe keeping.  After cleaning out the nature, I also discovered 3 hairbands in one of the pockets.  They'd been there for who knows how long.  Aside from keys, wallet a cell phone, a childless man might have the following in his pocket:
Lakers tickets
backstage passes
money
"digits" from the waitress last night
winning lotto ticket
lucky Vegas coin
coat check receipt
money
foul ball (assuming he wore large pants to the game)
gum - unchewed (this is key)
golf ball marker
oh, and money

Again, compare this to me:
Dora stickers
"spiky" balls
dandelions
hairbands
rock
and for the record, no money. ... not even a penny.

See.  It's pretty easy to spot a dad.  Just examine his pockets.  Oh, and if he's got nothing (indicated by the turned out pocket liners and an "oh gee" expression), he's married and expecting a child.  Don't worry friend, those pockets will get filled in no time.  Oh my, will they ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment