Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Learning How to "Play"

Yesterday when I got home from work, I was changing into some more comfortable duds when Gina and I noticed Genevieve standing in front of the entertainment system perplexed.  She studied it for a while, then picked up an Elmo DVD that was floating around and started trying to fit it into any space she could find.  The gap under the DISH box - the decorative spacing on the tuner - the unopened door for the blue-ray.  She grasped the concept that the DVD goes in somewhere and that makes Elmo appear. ... she's just not sure where yet.  It's amazing to watch them figure these things out. ... the brain power to learn from observation as opposed to repetitive conditioning.  Makes me think I need to be more careful in what they see me do.

No comments:

Post a Comment