Saturday, February 27, 2010

A New Leaf???

Yes, I know you all normally hear from Kyle, my witty, clever, eloquent husband...but this time it is me. I barely have time to shave my legs in the shower these days let alone blog about our lives with the girls, and creating full coherent sentences that wouldn't seem like gibberish from some long lost civilization, is definitely something from the past when you've been working on as little sleep as I do. That should just give you an idea of how chaotic life is for me from 6:30am-4:30pm (2:1 baby to Mama ratio!!) and the chaos just ensues once Kyle gets home anyways. Tired babies crying, frustrated Daddy screaming...ugh, not a fun night. But as I write this, and you wonder, "It's 4:30am...probably a bad night for the Kopp's"...I can happily disagree. Genevieve, who normally wakes up every 2-3 hours all night long for a snack (thus the reason for my sleep deprived delirium & the imaginary "Open All Night For Business" sign that hangs around my neck, nestled comfortably in between my enormous milk filled breasts that would put Dolly Parton to shame at times) went 8 hours straight with only a few Binky forced coaxings to go back to sleep (of which usually DO NOT WORK!!! It turns out she is smarter than she looks folks, and doesn't mistaken a Binky for the real thing!). This is an momentous occasion here people. Now, I am not going to get my hopes up, as I am sure she will go back to waking up every two hours...two hours from now...but this means that she CAN go 8 hours without eating (yes, by the looks of that chubby belly, I am sure you can all agree...she has enough extra chub to feed a small country!) And tomorrow night, as I return to waking up, coddling, soothing and eventually feeding her to coax her back to sleep (a last ditch effort as I am trying to break the habit) I will look longingly back on this night, and hope that maybe this will happen again. Genevieve has mistakenly shown me what she has been hiding all this time-the ability to actually sleep, and now I will embark on making that talent a reality more nights. The "All Night Buffet" can finally hang up it's dusty "closed" sign that hasn't been used in months and the employees can finally get some rest. A decent (aka more than 2 hours straight) sleep more than once every 4 months isn't that much to ask is it?? No, but it definitely is hard to come by in the Kopp household these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment