Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Empress Strikes Back

I don't know what was up with Genevieve last night. Talk about an attitude problem. I have a feeling she's getting some more teeth (Arianna is working on the two upper teeth next to her incisors so I think those are starting to come in for Genevieve as well) and that's what I'm going to blame it on. But man was she in a foul mood last night. With Gina teaching her Wednesday classes I was left to deal with the full effect of Hurricane Genevieve. It culminated in a bloody nose for me when she popped me in the face and her finger went up my nose. Those little nails are like razor blades. It might have been my fault though. I was putting a ring toy on my face so my nose was sticking through the hole and they were grabbing it off and laughing. Granted, the toy wasn't on my face at the time, but it was a similar motion to what I was having her do when the toy was there.

UPDATE - WALK WATCH 2010 ....
We interrupt this program to bring you this update. ...
Arianna Kopp has passed the 5 step mark. That's right ladies and gentlemen, last night she did more than take steps, she literally walked. Counting stopped at 9 as the witnesses disbelief set in. Total distance covered was nearly 3/4 of the bedroom. It was accomplished in a slow, deliberate and steady manor marking the first official "walk" rather than a graceful fall with choppy steps in between. This is truly one small step for twins, one giant leap for twin kind.
Now back to your regularly scheduled programing. ....


So I can't really blame her for taking the "swing" at me. But I did have to go the rest of bed time prep with toilet paper up my noise, cause it was really a gusher. I haven't had a nose bleed in years, and I certainly haven't had one from the hand of another person since Junior High. Who knew my own daughter would be responsible for my blood shed. Sounds like the beginning of some horribly depressing Greek epic film. And as the daughter spills the blood of her father, the Oracle's prophesy rings true, that his reign would end by her hand and the sun would once again shine on the face of the empire. Fade to black. Credits roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment