Thursday, September 2, 2010

All I Need is this couch. This couch is all I need. And that mirror. ... This couch and that mirror and that's all I need. Nothing else.

(It's a long title, I know, but it's a reference the the greatest comedy of all time Steve Martin's "The Jerk", which makes ME laugh - so deal with it)
It's the simple things in life, really, that make it so enjoyable. The girls have been testy the last few days (retribution for Mama being gone last weekend) but they finally got back to themselves yesterday. After Gina left to teach her classes last night, once dinner was finished, we hung out in the living room and played until bed time. During this time I found that the girls are a perfect representation of both mom and dad, they only needed two things to be thoroughly entertained: a mirror (mom) and a couch (dad). We have a giant mirror hanging on the wall above our living room sofa, and they bounced on that thing like they had just landed on the moon so that they could catch a quick glimpse of themselves in the mirror before coming back down to earth. They were totally content with just those two things for more than an hour. It was very sweet to watch. Just taking it all in it once again makes me wonder how some people don't enjoy this time with their kids. They'd rather tend to their farmville cows or their gossip rags and sports center. I can't imagine not simply sitting and enjoying my girls enjoy themselves. I feel sorry for the parents that miss this stuff. Forgive those fathers, for they know not what they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment