Thursday, June 28, 2012

Sophie's Choice

We're not hip parents.  It's true; I'm the first to admit it.  We don't have the high tech baby video monitor with motion censors and heartbeat/core temperature regulator.  We didn't do the sign language thing.  We don't do calculus flash cards or advance scuba diving lessons for toddlers either.  Mommy and Me swim classes was about as "trendy" as we get.  So, needless to say, when I came across this Sophie Giraffe infant toy a while ago and read how it was the "it" toy for babies I didn't rush out to get one.  I was almost indignet to the fact that it was "the" celebrity teething toy of choice and put off by all the wonder claims surrounding it.  It's a bloody rubber giraffe. ... how earth changing can it be.  A toddler is going to stick it in her mouth and chew on it; call me crazy but I'm not sure that anyone toy can claim to be superior in this task even if it is Parisian.  So on Sunday we stopped by my sister's house to get some docs notarized (so nice having a notary related to you) and pick up a mattress for a pack and play, and while we're leaving my sister runs out and asks us if we want this Sophie toy that someone gave her.  Her kids are well equipped in teeth already so it would just collect dust there.  I sighed.  Literally, I sighed.  Fine.  I'll take the stupid toy that everyone says is amazing and I'll have to prove that it's not all it's cracked up to be.  Damint.  It is all it's cracked up to be.  I can't explain it.  Rosaline loves that freakin' giraffe.  It's like crack in chewable mammal form. I've never seen her (or the girls at that age) take to a specific toy the way she does.  I took off work on Tuesday and we went to a water park with the girls.  Sophie was in Rosaline's clutches the entire day, and it kept her perfectly content if not exstatically entertained.  So I'm not getting paid advertisement fees or any kind of kick backs; I'm just honestly throwing my support behind this galvenized ungulate and telling you the stupid toy is like baby crack, only it helps cut teeth rather then make them fall out like adult crack; which I don't recommend.  Even if it is Parisian.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment